Lord Wandsworth College
LWC owes its extraordinary history to the bequest of one generous individual, Baron Sydney James Stern on his death in 1912. The Trustees were tasked with ensuring boys who had been deprived of a parent be given an education and the skills necessary to set them on a path for success. After the disruption of the 1st World War the College finally opened the doors to its first pupil in November 1922.
The College has grown enormously over the decades but The Foundation remains at the very heart of the school. LWC stands now as a fully co-education boarding and day school. Academic buildings have sprung up and the pupil roll has grown to approximately 650.
This book captures life at the College over the last 100 years and is packed with nostalgic photographs, printed materials and objects from across the generations.